Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

First Books Chosen for 2016 reading challeges.

This month is moving so quickly so I thought I better make my first choices for the books I want to read for the reading challenges I joined.


For the Cruisin' thru the Cozies challenge I'm reading the first in a series by an author I haven't read before:
And for the Color Coded reading challenge I decided to start with the color blue which is the cover
color chose to read a non-fiction book the subject is Florida's artesian springs, their former glory
how they became impaired and the path to restoration.  I hike many of the springs in Florida so I thought it would be an interesting read.

I have also added another reading challenge for 2016, The I Love Libraries challege, most of you know I visit the local library at least once a week, I have been using the public library system since I can remember, one of the first things I do when I move to a new city is obtain a library card, I support our local library with donations, shopping the annual sales and shopping in the used book store that is part of our library.  I make sure I check out books regulary because each time a card is scanned it aids in funding for the library.

The first book for I chose for this challenge is by another new to me author and from page one I was taken in. The level I am choosing for this reading challenge is chapter book which is 12 books for the year.

2 comments:

  1. I am also doing these challenges and need to list my books for all of my Challenges too< good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting challenges, I'm going to try the Reading Scotland one too!

    ReplyDelete