Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2020

A Bit of Stitiching

 

Yesterday afternoon I finally caught up on some letter writing after a brief rest and hot cup of tea I had some time in the evening for some hand embroidery. I wanted to start this little project for fall, it's a free pattern. I am using Valdani 6 strand floss which I'm finding isn't all that great to stitch with. From the very first pull of the skein the floss tangled and knotted, right off the skein it looks frayed. 

 I will keep with it for now since I purchased this floss for a few autumn projects. Maybe I just need a bit of time to get used to the feel of the floss in my hand while stitching. The colors I am using so far are Autumn Leaves and Autumn. The other colors in the last photo are for the other projects I have in mind. Does anyone else buy colors and then design a pattern around them? Here is the link for the free pattern if you are interested http://blog.creativekismet.com/2011/11/04/give-thanks-free-embroidery-pattern/





I will link up to Kathy's Quilts today here https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2020/09/slow-sunday-stitching_13.html


 

10 comments:

  1. Sorry the floss is fraying but the leaves look so pretty in the picture. Hope the stitching goes better this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried Valdani floss, but your embroidery looks quite lovely!

    Thank you for sharing the link to the pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always nice to have a new embroidery to start, hope you work out your issue with the threads. Thanks so much for the link to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your embroidery stitches are coming out so beautifully! I wonder if Thread Heaven will help your floss settle down? I rarely sew without it. Thank you for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using thread heaven I find running it through twice is helping.

      Delete
  5. Great stitching. Thanks so much for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitches look wonderful but it's no fun when the thread doesn't want to cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, the project I was stitching on I was using a Valdani variegated, hand-dyed floss, and I remembered why I still had it. It's a MESS to stitch with. And I was only using three strands. It doesn't handle well at all. :( But still, the colors are lovely and your stitching looks great!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know its not just me, I was using 2 and 3 strands and even though the stitching looks good it tangles terribly. Thank you for commenting

      Delete
  8. What you have done is looking lovely but it's awful when the thread knots, I hope you manage to get into the swing of it because the colours are lovely. Thank you the link there is yet another pattern I will be saving so much to do and so little time haha, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete