Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2020

First Sunday in September and Labor Day Weekend.

Time is moving quickly this month, it's hard to believe we are almost a week into September.  Tomorrow is Labor Day here in the USA in most cases it marks the end of summer with backyard barbeques, family picnics and a day off from work and in many states across the country the return to school.  This year it will be different, with many people working from home, and some kids set to start the year with online learning and somehow those barbeques and family picnics may look a little different, if they happen at all.
I have been invited to a few but I declined mainly because I finally have an appointment with the surgeon and want to get moving on the gallbladder surgery so I don't want to risk getting exposed to anything the other reason is I haven't had much appetite since March and I have been keeping up with friends and family via Facebook and Email, I would like to think most gatherings will look like this:
But I'm sure they won't and frankly this far into the pandemic I don't plan to risk or expose myself when I don't have to.

On the stitching front I haven't made much progress except to put in a few more rows on the shawl I am crocheting.

I had to unravel 5 rows and then once again after completing what I unraveled I had to undo 2 more rows, my concentration isn't at 100%  the pain distracts me and sitting up is still an issue most days. I am looking forward to the surgery. 
Today I plan to get started on some hand embroidery, I ordered this gingerbread ornament panel


from Forth Worth Fabric Studio. The panel is quit large and makes 24 ornaments front and backs. There is an advent calendar panel pattern to use with the felt panel, I'm just going to make the ornaments, here is the link. https://fortworthfabricstudio.com/collections/snow-sweet-from-riley-blake/products/snow-sweet-gingerbread-cookies-felt-panel
I still need to stitch the jingle bells on the witch and snowman piece which I plan to work on soon to finish it but not feeling 100% I don't want to mess with metallic thread right now.

I have been reading quite a bit but it doesn't give me the calm hand stitching does it helps keep the brain busy and I can read while lying down if necessary.  Recently I read:

I am currently reading one of my favorite cozy series by Sally Goldenbaum, A murderous Tangle, this is the 14th in the series of the Seaside Knitters Mysteries.
However, when the publishers of the book changed the series is now known as the Seaside Knitters Society Mystery, with this being the 3rd book under the new publisher. The books still have all the same main characters and the story line picked up right where the old publishers books ended. I really love this series, when I'm reading I am carried right to the seaside with every page turned, I can feel the ebb and flow of the ocean, I can smell the salt air and even feel the chill of winter as I read the story.
I am linking up at Kathy Quilts today for Slow Sunday Stitching click the link to see what Kathy and many other wonderful bloggers are stitching today.
https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2020/09/slow-sunday-stitching.html

Wishing Everyone and Safe and Happy Labor Day Weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful shawl and gingerbread project. I hadn't seen that before. Good luck with your gallbladder surgery. I had mine done long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shawl you have crocheted, and so cute gingerbread ornaments you are working on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your appointment with the surgeon are you waiting for a date to be confirmed? Stay away from those crowds and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I am seeing the surgeon to make the date for surgery.

      Delete
  4. The Gingerbread panel is a lovely one. I hope your surgery is very soon and your discomfort and pain will be no more. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. take care - i am SO much better after gall bladder surgery a few years back, and i know how much it hurts before - i'm sending out positive thoughts to you and your angels

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your lovely comments and well wishes.

    ReplyDelete