Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2020

A little stitiching is under way

 I started a new hand embroidery piece this week while waiting for my CTA scan appointment, it's a lovely reindeer pattern by Hook Line & Tinker.

It will be stitched entirely using DMC 6 strand floss 820.  I am doing some of my stitches a little different from the designer's work simply because I struggle with some stitches lately. Here is my progress so far



I am planning to make one using all red floss as well.  This pattern caught my eye when it showed up in my Instagram feed a few days ago and just knew I had to have it and as luck would have it a digital pattern was available. https://hooklinetinker.com/ She has a few other patterns I plan to buy next but for now this one will keep me busy.

I am linking my post to Kathy's Quilts here https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2020/12/slow-sunday-stitching_20.html

Things get pretty hectic around here this time of the year with trips to the post office and unloading new inventory to get it listed as soon as possible.  Luckily my son and his bride to be have been quite helpful.  We will be closing the shops at end of day on the 23rd and remain closed until the New Year.  With the delays in postal shipping causing all kinds of havoc I won't be sorry to see this season of shopping over with. 

Recently USPS posted a notice on their website in all caps saying: "ALERT: USPS IS EXPERIENCING UNPRECEDENTED PACKAGE INCREASES AND LIMITED EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY DUE TO THE IMPACTS OF COVID-19. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AND REMAIN COMMITTED TO DELIVERING THE HOLIDAYS TO YOU."

Anyway, here's hoping the next few days finds everyone stitching away the stress of the last few months and looking forward to the holidays with joy in your hearts and dreams for the New Year.

This is what I am dreaming about:

And here is  my reality:






7 comments:

  1. Your embroidery project is a very pretty design. I like the blue floss. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embroidery project is beautiful. I love the colors you have used. Happy Stitching and Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me smile. I think your reality is rather lovely. =) Such a gorgeous little reindeer. I love that 'he' will be blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the reindeer - blue makes a nice 'frosty' color on it, too. (giggled at the 'beach Santa')

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty project and you chose a pretty floss color. Lol I would like to see a little snow for Christmas too. Happy stitching and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No snow down here, we celebrate Christmas in Summer. So why is there heavy rain today, I wonder?
    Love your pretty little stitchery.

    ReplyDelete