Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2021

Happy Easter

 

It’s been a crazy few weeks since the first day of Spring and I haven’t had much time to post here, I have taken advantage of the days when I wasn’t feeling ill and spending time in the sunshine, getting in some reading time and working on my goddess of the month hand embroidery project.

This month I also joined in the Susannah Conway April Love 2021 photo challenge and thought I would share my post for today. The prompt is vintage:

Day 4: Vintage, The Rider Tarot deck my first deck of tarot cads. I purchased these in 1971 when I was a girl of 16. If you look close enough you can see my hand written notes on the cards as I taught myself to read the cards. Over the years I bought new decks and have quite a growing collection of Tarot and Oracle cards. When I give a reading for an old friend they always ask me to use my trusty old Rider Deck. 

Here is the link for the challenge if you are interested in the prompts and participating https://www.susannahconway.com/april-2/

 I am enjoying this challenge quite a bit, seeing what other participants are posting is interesting and quite revealing too, the post for notebook disclosed many of us with multiple notebooks, avid journal keepers, and others like me that are quite addicted to notebooks, not to mention those creating notebooks of their own. I think notebooks was my favorite prompt so far.

The Goddess of the month for March is slow going and I hope to have her done soon here is my progress so far, I think the problem is I am not too fond of the pattern, I made my own Hecate pattern that one wasn’t so great so I purchased the pattern I am using for Hecate, from Urban Threads, I was going to elongate the image before printing it but forgot. I usually like the patterns from Urban Threads but for me this one just doesn’t grab me. Oh well it doesn’t matter I’m stitching her. I used DMC Diamant Grande for the triple moon, and DMC retired floss for the hair and the torch flames. All other floss is DMC stitched on 100% cotton white tone on tone fabric with spirals.

I will be linking this post to https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2021/04/slow-sunday-stitching.html for some Slow Easter Sunday stitching.

Wishing you all a very Happy Easter!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment