Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2021

The Early Days of November

The first week of November has been a mixed bag of weather with heavy rain falling Thursday and continuing through much of the weekend. It has brought much cooler temps with the low last night at 48 degrees, due to the rain and overcast skies it's quite chilly here in north central Florida, but it feels great.


When the weather is filled with the scent of wood smoke, and there is a frigid breeze blowing I long for snow flurries, warm gloves and hot cocoa after my morning walk.  While I don't have the snow flurries, I do have gloves and hot cocoa in my cup and memories of long gone days of brightly colored leaves and November snow storms.  We would be lost without our memories.


While I won't be walking among leaves of gold, red and orange, my heart remembers those days when I would take long walks hearing the leaves crunch beneath my feet, the aroma of damp wet leaves filling my nostrils, inhaling the crisp air deep into my soul.  

If everything comes together with my health I am planning to head north this month to catch the last of the autumn leaves, I say if because my health has been a roller coaster ride for nearly 2 years and I don't want to jeopardize my progress. So it will be a spontaneous trip if all goes well, and if not I have photos and memories to rely on for another autumn and hope for next year.

The stitching on the goddess a month project is going along nicely for the October goddess I chose Elen of the Ways, I didn't take many progress photos I just wanted to complete the stitching this is the last progress photo.


I have just washed the stitch and wash away product off and the finished piece is drying, I will post the completed piece once it's dry. So for today I will post at Kathy's Quilt https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2021/11/slow-sunday-stitching.html

November goddess will be started later today for Slow Sunday Stitching, I have the designs ready I'm trying to decide between Baba Yaga or Freya.

Speaking of Baba Yaga, I would love to have this bench that showed up in my Facebook feed yesterday, I find it amazing how a chainsaw artist can get those details.  The was a man a few streets away that did some chainsaw art pieces I always stopped when I had time to admire his work.

Did you remember to set your clocks back an hour, I love having an 'extra' hour when I wait till I wake up, silly as it seems the day does feel longer.





3 comments:

  1. I must admit I have never wished for a slurry of snow. =) Brr....chills dem ol' bones of mine, just thinking about it. I want to walk through that glorious tunnel of autumnal trees...so beautiful. I hope you can get your trip to "catch the autumn leaves". Isn't it amazing what a fellow with a chainsaw can imagine...astounding! Enjoy stitching your November Goddess today. Take care♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it was the scales that got set back ... but then I'd hate to move the scales forward in the Spring! Ha! Your stitchery is looking good!! Loved the November poetry; it was very fitting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to comment on your Hocuspocusville blocks and forgot. I love them and these Goddess stitcheries as well. Yes, we are in the midst of the very November you describe here in Ontario, Canada. Frost in the mornings now but bright sun throughout the day warming things slightly. You take care of yourself now and happy stitching from me.

    ReplyDelete