Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

The Garden is beginning to bloom

This month is moving along at a steady pace, and recovering from surgery seems to be going smoothly, last Tuesday at 9:00 p.m. the surgeon called me with the result of my biopsy from the fibroid removed on the 4th, there is no cancer or precancerous cells, which is great news.

When the doctor first told me who was calling I felt my heart drop to my feet, at nine in the evening I never expected to get a call from the surgeon and with good news too. I really hadn’t given it much thought because it’s rare for a fibroid to be cancerous. I am relieve though because my thought since falling ill in 2020 is what next? I hate to be so negative but it seems this old body is fighting me in regaining my health.

I haven’t done any stitching on any of my hand embroidery projects since my last update, I’ve just been so tired I don’t have the energy to do much after my daily chores and errands are done. I’m not about to stitch and then have to snip it all out because I didn’t like it. So I’m getting in some letter writing and reading.

A few days ago while watering my plants I noticed the gardenia shrub has quite a few large buds they should open in a few days.




The Mexican petunias have been blooming daily and a few bees have been taking turns between them and the dandelions.


One of the stray cats that visit my yard has taken to sitting on the roof, I think for a better view of the birds coming and going to the feeders. I picked up a hanging basket of Petunias on Friday purple, pink and white. I love these simple little flowers and they add much needed color to my patio.

Here is a quick look at my gardenia shrub 3 days after the photo above was taken, I cut 3 lovely blossoms to stick in a vase my living room smells wonderful and the bees have been buzzing around the sickly sweet aroma all day.

Oh the stray cat was under the shrub and ran off while I was cutting the flowers, she did stop when I spoke to her.




No comments:

Post a Comment