Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Life with a Kitten

 Well Simon Moonshadow has been with me for 25 days, he has had two visits to the Vet for his initial shots, and bloodwork for his Neuter surgery on December 13th, where he will also be chipped so if he ever gets out I can be located.  The Vet is very happy with his progress and his bloodwork was all good, no signs of  infections or diabetes, he gained about 1.5 lbs. and has a lovely disposition.

In the meantime I thought it would be a good idea to get him a collar with a tag adding my phone number along with his name, but it seems my little escape artist has removed his collar 3 times in 24 hours.  Perhaps I should have named him Houdini.

I went off to PetSmart early this morning to get a new collar, one that is still breakaway but hopefully nothing he can get out of on a whim.  This was my first trip into PetSmart and Oh my goddess I was overjoyed by all the toys they had, yesterday I was at a Pet Supermarket and they didn't have much to offer for Cats. Though I did get a second litter box which I like better and some food flavors not available at my local supermarket.  Now if I can stay off Chewy.com.  

Not much stitching has been getting done, with the holiday season upon us the online shops keep me busy and all my spare time is spent kitten proofing the house, I feel like I have toddler in the house. 
My daughter in law's cat age 19 has lost her battle fighting an illness and went across the Rainbow Bridge on Nov. 30th.  She and my son are heart broken to say the least, yesterday they came to cuddle with Simon for awhile.

His favorite napping position, one part of his body always has to be touching mine.  

And when I think he won't notice those lovely eyes of his open.
I am on my second month taking Repatha to lower my Cholesterol, self injection isn't too bad though I did feel it this time.  I have noticed the daily nausea I had when taking the Statin drugs is gone, I do get headaches a few times and horrendous hot flashes, I have noticed an increase of pain in my lower back and hips, especially the right hip I hope its not a side effect.  In the new year I will have the doctor do bloodwork so that I can see if there is a significant drop in the Cholesterol as the manufacturer claims, if not I will have to rethink taking it, especially if the pain persist, I was having such pain on the Statins I was hoping not to be experiencing it on the Repatha.  



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like he is settling in very well and being a real cat losing his collar all the time!! Our cats are indoors only, so no collars... makes it a bit easier, lol! So sorry the meds are causing all those side effects.. I hope the docs can get you sorted... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's growing into a real cat, climbing up everything, the collar was only until he had the microchip put in, since he came to me he will be an inside cat.

      Delete