Pages

Monday, January 25, 2021

Reading, Stitching and New Glasses Oh MY!

 I have been keeping up with my reading challenges this month putting in a few chapters for each book I'm reading until I get to that point where it's time to finish the book.  Once I get to that point all books get put aside and I read through until it's done.

For this last book it wasn't much that the story was good and I wanted to finish it, this time it seems the book lost a few pages or chapters for that matter and it just felt chopped and then the end was rushed and it was quite disappointing.  

A friend of mine sent me the first 7 books in the series, this is number 3 which started off  with a good story and then it wasn't so good and just felt there was a chunk of the book removed, as I was reading I kept checking page numbers to see if there were missing pages.  This has happened before with other books I have read where the story falls apart and the ending is rushed to finish the book.  I often think bad editor. Oh well I'll try the next one and see what happens only because a friend sent them to me knowing I like cozy mysteries. 

I went to have my eye exam on Saturday since it's been about 4 years since my last upgrade in glasses. I picked out new frames and was told it would be up to two weeks before they were ready, well 4 hours after I got home don't I get a text message my glasses are ready to be picked up, I knew I had taken a long nap but I didn't think I slept that long.  So just now while typing this I get a call from LensCrafters my glasses are ready, I asked how is that possible when I was told up to two weeks that the lenses weren't in stock when I was there Saturday?  Needless to say she wasn't able to answer me and just said they are ready to be picked up at my leisure.  

On a stitching note here is the piece I briefly gave a peek at last week, another hand embroidery of Brigid's Cross I started last Sunday.
It's another coloring page from the Celtic Cross coloring book by Dover Publications, this one is not a free coloring page it's a page from the coloring book which I scanned and then printed onto Pellon's Stick and Wash Away. 
My progress as of last night for my slow Sunday Stitching, I'm a day late with my link up over at Kathy's Quilts https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2021/01/slow-sunday-stitching-old-friends.html



4 comments:

  1. I have always loved the Celtic weavings...what are you going to make with it when you are done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't decided on what to do with it yet, I just love the design.

      Delete
  2. I think it is wonderful that you were able to transfer that beautiful Celtic design in order to stitch it. I really get frustrated with book series sometimes. There are usually several good books in the series and then a couple that make you wonder why you are reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Celtic Cross is lovely. How frustrating to be reading a book and discover that pages are missing.

    ReplyDelete