Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Happy New Year and Slow Sunday Stitching

 Happy New Year to Everyone!


Like most people I am not sorry to see 2020 behind me, I made enough gripes about the last year so moving on to bigger and better things for 2021.

Here is the progress on the hand embroidery for my Goddess a month personal challenge.  One of the photo is the backside to show the flow of the Coloris floss I think it changes about an inch into stitching though the way I cut the floss and how I thread the next piece makes for a break in the flow.






For the central spirals I am using a solid color floss DMC 3836 which goes well with the Coloris floss.
I have been stitching for a few days and have quite a lot of progress.  I will be linking my post today at Kathy's Quilts for the first Slow Sunday Stitching in 2021 here is the link have a look at what other bloggers are stitching  https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2021/01/slow-sunday-stitching.html

I was asked the other day what I have planned for all the goddesses when I am done at the end of the year and I have decided to sew them together into a quilt, not the one above that has been promised to someone so I will make another so I'll have 12 goddess blocks (or more).  So that's the plan in January who knows what will happen by December.

5 comments:

  1. Why, you are a sewing goddess....sorry, but I couldn't help it. =) A quilt showcasing all your lovely goddesses sounds like a fabulous thought. So much stitching in this goddess. Your stitching is so very neat. I must say I did smile at the girl dancing on top of Happy New Year. Let us hope that as the year rolls on there will be more dancing in the world. May your year be filled with lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm stitching goddesses this year as part of my desire to go deeper into my goddess spirituality study. I'd like to see more dancing this year.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, you have started the year off well with your pretty stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching! Happy Stitching and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of turning them into a quilt. They are going to look fabulous. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete