Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2022

New Year, New Ideas, and New Stitching Projects

 Yesterday morning the first thing I did was hang up my wall calendar for 2022, there is something exciting about opening a new calendar, seeing all those blanks squares and wonder which date will be filled in first, what event or appointment will fill that first space.  

My datebook will list all the same appointments as well as little notes I tend to jot down through the year; this sits on my desk between my computer monitor and printer.

You would be amazed at all the little notes, ideas and thoughts I squeeze on the daily spaces.  I have been using a We'Moon datebook for many, many years, it is filled with women's art, prose and poetry and this year I may submit a piece of my own work for a future datebook.

I spent time yesterday sorting out a few colors of floss for the first hand embroidery project of the year, pulling out the years orts from the jar so I can start fresh, updating my craft journal and making a list of some Weeks Dye Works floss for another project I will be working on this month.

In the photo above is my empty orts jar, the first 3 DMC floss colors and my project journal where I record materials and tools used, date I started and completed a project and sometimes a rough sketch. 

Last night after all the necessary chores were done I pulled out my embroidery hoop, fabric, floss and needles to start the hand stitching of my first hand embroidery project for 2022.

I am linking my post to Kathy's Quilts for my first 2022 Slow Sunday Stitching here is the link to see what other talented people are slow stitching, https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2022/01/happy-new-year.html

 


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it lovely to have fresh new stationery for the new year? Looking forward to seeing more of the new embroidery.

    ReplyDelete