Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Nine Days into the Month and I'm Stitching Slowly

 Nine days into January and here in Florida the weather has been quite nice so far, a few chilly temps in the evening in the mid forties and mostly sunny days after the dense morning fog passes.

I have been slowly stitching the piece I began on January 1st. I have a few other designs I need to transfer to fabric once I chose the fabric I want to use for each project.  Here is a look at my progress so far.

She is the first of three figures in this design, I am using an older 100% cotton fabric that I love it has a paisley design in the palest natural tone, if I am not mistaken it was 108" fabric sold as quilt backing. I've use the fabric for several pieces and just love the look of the design when stitched. So far I am using DMC floss 603.  I don't often use so much pink but for this it just felt right.

A friend of mine in the UK recently sent me a few issues of Love Embroidery magazine, oh my I was in thread heaven when I opened the package. So many patterns and only two hands to work with.


I was quite happy to find out I could subscribe to this magazine through a US vendor, the magazine includes patterns for projects in each issue and if you are lucky enough to be in the UK you will get the little extras included.  My friend sent me those along with the magazines.  Her eyesight isn't what it used to be so she isn't doing as much needlework, she still knits and crochets and I swear she can do that with her eyes closed and produce a perfect garment.

For today I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts here:https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2022/01/slow-sunday-stitching.html

Oh here is a photo of my 2021 orts, the ball next to the orts jar now empty and ready to fill in 2022, lots of lovely colors. The balls of orts under the jar are the orts from 2019 and 2020.

I am once again taking part in TUSAL the Totally Useless Stitch Along where stitcher's post photos of there orts on the New Moon of each month.  I'm in the Facebook Group again this year, I didn't keep up in 2020 or 2021 due to illness so it's good to start again this new year.  My little calendar page for the new moon dates.





3 comments:

  1. Happy stitching! Those look like great magazines! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your headless lady! Glad that you are joining in with the TUSAL group this year. I try to post a reminder each month as Daffycat doesn't do the link-ups any more.
    I also include a Stitching Book review on my TUSAL post so do keep an eye out for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift, sending you those lovely magazines. And it's great that you found you can now order them direct, always exciting to get a magazine in the mail.

    ReplyDelete