Pages

Monday, January 31, 2022

The Fates are stitched on this last day of January

 Winter has arrived here in Florida, the last few days our evening temps have drop to 28 degrees with a hard frost beginning in the wee hours of the morning.  We had a few cold days last week and the week before, though always warming right before the rain comes.  If the cold were to linger with the rain we would have had snow.  It will begin to warm up as the days move into February and before we know it Spring will be here, I'm sure though another few days of frigid cold will visit us before the end of February.

I have finished the hand embroidery on the Moriae aka the 3 Fates piece.  The piece turned out quite nicely and I am happy I decided to use the 3 pink floss colors. 

I stitched the piece on 100% cotton with a subtle tone on tone paisley print, I have used the fabric on other pieces over the years and it will be the fabric I use for my next Greenman piece which I will begin this week. I don't know what it is exactly about this fabric I find so appealing but when I first saw it a few years ago in a quilt shop I just knew I wanted to do hand embroidery on it.  It's actually 108" wide, I believe made for backing a quilt.  I'm linking my post to Kathy's Quilts here is the link so you can see what other talented bloggers are stitching https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2022/01/slow-sunday-stitching_0130277298.html


No comments:

Post a Comment