Pages

Monday, December 18, 2023

Stitching Polar Bears

 It's been nearly a month since I posted here.  This time of the year is busy for most of us and when you have a retail business things get to be chaotic and exhausting.  I'm beginning to think it may be time for me to admit I am getting a bit too old to handle packing 300 items in a 2 day period.

This weekend I actually took a break from all the business and did some hand embroidery on the polar bear ornament, on Saturday I stitched the first bear 

and on Sunday early evening I stitched the second bear.  Now I have to wash off the stitch and wash away so I can finish.

I saw the polar bears in one of the Slow Stitch Facebook Groups I'm in, as soon as I saw them I knew I had to make them. I purchased the pattern from Etsy shop The Hoop in Hand.  While I was stitching the 2nd polar bear I was thinking to myself these would look great in pink, to my surprise another member in the group made them in pink.

I am still working on the Christmas hand embroidery piece. It is a pattern from BeCoProductions another Etsy shop.  

I am currently reading Wintering by Katharine May, quite a few people have mentioned this book to me and several of my friends are reading it so I thought I would give it a try. I found the first few pages a bit sad so I put it aside until the holidays are over.

I am still having trouble with my spine and legs so after the new year I hope to get another round of spinal injections to see if going out further will help.  I last month I began using the inserts in my shoes and they are making a difference.  As soon as I stood up with the insoles in my shoes I could feel my alignment was better.  I really want to avoid a back surgery so I am hoping the insoles and the spinal injections together will bring more relief.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment