Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2023

The Last Day of December and Planning Projects for 2024

 It's New Year's Eve, the every last day of 2023 with a whole new year of possibility waiting in the wings.

I'm not sorry to see this year come to a close, it's been a year of ups and downs which I sure many of us have experienced.

My first stitching project for 2024 is taking part in Kathy Schmitz's Woven Wreath Stitch Along.  It begins on January 1st.  The project requires the purchase of the preprinted fabric from Spoonflower. There are 3 color choices: blue, red or green.  I chose the blue, though I had the green in my cart too but I work with green quite often so I decided on the blue.

My one change is I am using Valdani 6 stranded floss instead of perle cotton as a matter or personal choice. 

You can find info here on her instagram  https://www.instagram.com/kathyschmitzstitches/  or YouTube here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0goemkQd0S4

This is the link at Spoonflower, all you need is a fat quarter, I am not using the coordinating fabric 

https://www.spoonflower.com/en/shop?on=fabric&q=kathyschmitz&availability=ForSale&sort=bestSelling

I am also going to attempt the 2024 Slow Stitch with k3n clothtales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_V7o7DpYeE&list=PLIvsY9XB9IaavqCrqeFaFvZBtQoJD-X4Q

So these are a few stitching projects to start off 2024, I haven't even decided what I plan to stitch this year.  I do need to finish my polar bears. Today I need to wash the stick and wash away product of the  polar bear and then trim around the edges.

Here is a look at both of the polar bears before I cut them out to finish them, I decided not to stuff them.
I actually completed the stitching on the bear on the left, I love these little polar bear ornaments, even though they didn't get finished yet. Today I will be working to get the other one done.  I had to stop stitching for a week because my fingers were so dried out from packing all the those out going orders from the web shops Christmas week my fingers were bleeding. 
 
I'm going to add my blog post over at Kathy's Quilts for the Slow Sunday Stitching, hop on over to see what other talented stitchers are working on. 
https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2023/12/slow-sunday-stitching-new-years-eve.html

I'm taking part in the American Cancer Society's Walk 31 Miles in January, I'm walking in memory of my brother in law and my aunt. It's a way for me not only to raise money but a good way for me to get back into my walking routine.  Since I had the spine and legs problems since late spring my daily walking was stopped for several weeks and then when I was finally comfortable walking my walks were shortened.  I miss my daily 2 mile walks so with this charity walk I'm planning 1 mile each day so that by February I can be back to at least 2 miles again. Here is a link to the Facebook page if this is something you want to do and also my page where I will post my daily walking.

https://www.facebook.com/donate/811260747426352/6826339254082667/

This is the 1st book I will read in 2024 The Comfort of Crows by Margaret Renkl 

I just finished reading Wintering by Katharine May 

I'm off for a walk at Silver Springs state park and then home to do some slow Sunday stitching.


 I will leave you with my Wishes For a Very Happy and Safe New Year and I hope to see you all here in 2024.




2 comments:

  1. What a fun post! I visited all the links to see what your plans are - how fun! I hadn't heard of any of these projects, so thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb - I love those polar bears. Where did you find those designs? Good for you to undertake the 31 Miles in January - and for such a worthy cause - I lost a sister many years ago to breast cancer. And I like the sound of the Wintering book - I will have to see if I can get that at the local library. I am linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching for the first time - you can find me at number 22.

    ReplyDelete