Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Gearing up for the 2024 Library Love Challenge

 December 31st always has me signing up for a reading challenge or two.  I have done the Goodreads Reading Challenge since 2017 I have completed all but 1 year meaning I read the number of books I said I would read or surpassed the number. The year I didn't complete was in 2020  I read 22 of 25, which isn't too bad.  You would think with the lockdown of Covid 19 I would have read twice as many, unfortunately for me 2020 was the year of an illness that had me hospitalized several times and without a diagnosis for nearly 2 years.

At the time reading wasn't always possible because I was in so much physical pain I couldn't do much except sleep through the pain. I couldn't concentrate on reading or  recall what I read from page to page so I often just put the book aside.  It was a very long year.

The first reading challenge I plan to join is the Library Love Reading Challenge.  I love using the library its one of the first things I do when I move to a new town, register to vote and get a library card. Our local library is going to see more of me this year for several reasons:

1- I am clearing out many of my books from my bookshelves and donating them to the library. (This is part of my 2024 big purge of personal stuff).

2- I am buying less books this year mainly because I have quite a few new books (more than 20) I haven't read yet and I want to read them before I buy a new book.

3- Using the local library helps with funding for the library and if we want new books and programs we need to use the library.

Here is the link if you would like to join the 2024 Library Love Challenge

https://booksofmyheart.net/2023/12/02/2024-library-love-challenge-sign-up-giveaway/

I mentioned in my earlier post the first book I have planned to read in 2024 is The Comfort of Crows by Margaret Renkl.

My plan is to read at least 25 books for the challenge, but if I go down my to read list on my library page it will be twice as many, but I remove and add books from the list all the time.  My TO READ list changes on my Goodreads page too.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment