Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Sunshine and Some Slow Stitching

 We have had 2 full days of sunshine here in north central Florida, though the temps began in the low 30's it sure is a nice change from the nearly 3 weeks of rain and gray skies.

After my brisk walk this morning I say down to do some slow stitching.  I finished the embroidery on the polar bear ornaments I just need to add the ribbon ties.

I love the overall look of them but will say stitching through 2 layers of wool felt left my fingers sore.

I pieced week 3 of the K3nclothtales block I just need to add the quilting, this was a fun piece to do since most of the quilts I make are hand pieced and hand quilted.
I chose a simple 4 patch using fabric scraps left over from a quilt I made about 10 years ago in a quilt class at a now closed quilt shop.

I am linking my post at Kathy's Quilts here:https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2024/01/slow-sunday-stitching_01608846556.html

Tomorrow the week 4 video will be released so I can get stitching on that.
Here is the link to the year long stitch along for K3n cloth tales https://www.youtube.com/@k3n.clothtales

I started the second book for the Library Love 2024 challenge.  This week I am reading Black Candle Women by Diane Marie Brown.

I am also reading Where the Deer and the Antelope Play by Nick Offerman.



4 comments:

  1. Those books look like good reads. The polar bears are the cutest! Such gorgeous embroidery you have done. I thought Florida bathed in sunshine most of the year??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, in the 29 years I have lived in Florida the weather has changed, it used to be mostly sunshine until the rainy season in summer and those were daily brief showers.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, love those Polar Bear ornaments! I will have to look for that pattern as I'd love to add those to the ones for my blue and white holiday decorations. Since they are two layers, are they stuffed after stitching as well?

    ReplyDelete