|Pocket inside front cover|
The pincushion came out nicely when I first stitched it all together I forgot to leave an open space for stuffing the cushion so out came the seam ripper, and then of course I made the opening too small as the ground walnut shells were put into a hexagon muslin liner, so out came the seam ripper to remove a few stitches.
The first time I stuffed the pincushion I had forgotten to turn it back to the right side and I was wondering what happened to all my pretty stitches and gosh it was ugly, then I started to laugh when I realized it was still inside out.
I didn't sew the buttons on the pincushion or needlebook until later at home we were running out of time due to all the interruptions and I wanted to get the needle book done before I left. The buttons on the needlebook should have been sewn on before it was all put together but I managed to sew them carefully under the pocket.
So the Hand Embroidery class is over I learned a few tips, tricks and shortcuts for future projects, next Tuesday is the Crayon Tint Embroidery class and from I hear I won't be the only student this time. I enjoyed the class and DeeAnn the instructor is a wealth of knowledge and I look forward to taking the next class with her.